Online roundtable discussion: Planning Recovery from the Impact of COVID-19 Thursday 25th June 2020 12.30pm – 2pm
As the Government introduces the next phase of easing restrictions and getting the economy going, what we planned for prior to the pandemic is very different now. The disruption to ‘normal’ business has raised opportunities for change. The shape and extent of the VCS has already been affected by the impact of the coronavirus. The capacity to be adaptable, agile, innovative, work cooperatively and quickly learn and evaluate what is working are all positives and show the value of the sector.
How bold can we be together to consider the good things that have emerged and plan for recovery where pre-existing inequalities have been exacerbated by the pandemic and we face another economic downturn?
The discussion explored:
- What are the good things that have emerged from funders and the VCS?
- What are the challenges that face us respectively in responding to a joint recovery approach?
- What could we realistically focus on together over the next 12 months to put in place positive change that will support the sustainability of the sector?
Contributors to the discussion:
- Claire Spencer, Senior Policy Advisor, Public Services and Inclusive Growth, WMCA, a copy of the presentation can be found here
- Ali Harris, Chief Executive, Equally Ours , a copy of the presentation can be found here